6.03.2011

Because I want you to know what I am talking about


My best friend is insane. She has now somehow worked herself into being trapped, with no escape, into participating in a MetroDash competition. It's a Navy Seals obstacle course where she jumps through windows, lifts tires, and climbs ropes all for fun. (As I told her, I will be there with a margarita in hand laughing and taking pictures.)

However crazy she is, she has also inspired me to take my own health by the horns. I just started Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred video and I am definitely feeling it so far. I have felt so much better throughout the day and it has influenced my snacking habits. I feel like Jill is becoming part of my family. (Click here for her website.) I'll keep you updated on how it's going.

On a more exciting and creative note: I recently came across Design*Sponge's City of Orlando guide and CAN'T wait to go around and see if I agree with their opinons of fun shops and restaurants in the Orlando area. I have already been to some of the antique shops and coffeehouses, but it'll be fun to see what other people think of them. I think these three are first:

1. The Hideaway Bar
2. Infusion Tea
3. PomPom's TeaHouse and Sandwicheria

I was excited to see that Drunken Monkey made the list. It is one of my favorite places in Orlando. Makes me think of a good friend that introduced me to the coffeehouse. Which then makes me think of The Pixies' Where is my mind. And Fight Club (1999). Then I am lost in all of Edward Norton's performances and I try to pick my favorite. So... thanks for that James Brad.

1 comment:

  1. I do what I can. :D

    P.S. I want to visit some of those places with you when I get back!

    ReplyDelete