5.23.2011

"No one sees life the way I do"

We saw the new Pirates film the other night, and while it was entertaining, nothing was more interesting/irritating than the twelve-year-old girl sitting next to me. Mora.

Throughout the previews she tried to convince me of a few things:

Inception is real. Well.. kind of.

Her: "So, you know how the adult shows always come on after the kid's shows are over? Where do you think the cartoons go while they wait until tomorrow? The kid's dreams of course! That's why you always see cartoon characters mixed in with your "real persons." Or like the birds that fly around are always cartoons. They are just waiting there."

The Smurfs are Communist.

Her:"Papa Smurf wears red. And he is the only one."
Me: "Don't you think he wears a different color because he is an "elder Smurf?"
Her: "No, it's because he is the only leader and red is the communist color. And he has a beard."

Her: "All the Smurfs work in different jobs and are treated the same. They wear the same clothes and eat the same food at one big, gigantic table. And they don't go to church."

And no one is as smart as her.

As Ashley gives me a piece of candy:
Me: "Ew. These taste chalk."
Ashley: "No they don't! They taste like Christmas."
Mora: "They taste like joy and wishes?"

After this, she then proceeded to look at me with the biggest smile on her face and sit on the edge of her sit. Literally. I thought she was going to fall off.

And back to Pirates- I couldn't believe that Penelope Cruz was pregnant during the filming. And that she is married to Javiar Bardem. I feel pretty dumb- I didn't even know that. So, just in case you didn't either.... now you do.

"Bye! I have to go sneeze."

No comments:

Post a Comment