9.12.2011

The Gainesville Times

So, I went to visit a good friend in Gainesville a few weekends ago and we had SO much fun! I just recently realized that Krystal and I don't have to many pictures together, at least not current ones. Maybe because we are always to busy laughing at each other to take out the camera.

Weekend Highlight Number One: Krystal's New Headboard.

She had found these old strips of wood and we staple shot (courtesy of Ashley G) them together to look like this:


Isn't it just PERFECT with her adorable IKEA pillows and West Elm bedspread?

Weekend Highlight Number Two: Creamy, Dreamy Grits.


Salty or sweet? How about salt on sweet? Multitasking at it's best. During this weekend, she took me to a fabulous little breakfast/lunch place called The Flying Biscuit. It was colorfully charming and has it's own crowd outside the door of loyal, omelet-loving fans. A main reason I was taken there was to experience one of their signature (and apparently award-winning) si
de dishes called "creamy dreamy grits." Being someone that has only recently expanded her comfortable and content picky-appetite, I was actually looking forward to try them. If you like southern homestyle grits mixed with, what tastes like five different kinds of butter and cream cheese, they're perfect for you! (Not so much for me. Hey- I tried.) One side I did enjoy was the so famously called "flying biscuit." Every meal is served with their inspirational homestyle biscuit, perfectly sprinkled with sugar. Yes, sugar. It was absolutely amazing. I had never eaten, or even heard of, a biscuit of such caliber before. How about the other way around? Salt on sweet? Here is a recipe for salted fudge brownies : )

Weekend Highlight Number Three: Gardening is for Geniuses.

Here is my new project. Rosemary, Stevia, and Basil. I will update with pictures as they grow ; )


Weekend Highlight Number Four: Free shots? At a breakfast joint? Go Gators!

Had such a good time : )



1 comment:

  1. Love this, love you...we gotta work on more pics between the laughter! I need to send you the pic from Howl, too. Can't wait to see you again soon!
    P.S. wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, wiggle

    ReplyDelete