7.10.2009

Putting pen to paper. Or fingers to keyboard.


Writing in general has always felt like a task. I’m not exactly sure if it is because every time I write something it is because I have to (term papers, birthday cards, grocery lists, etc) or because I just can never say what I really want to mean. I am not a talented writer, but I have strong confidence that if I ever had something important enough to say, I could write about it and do it flawlessly.

I think that some people are just born with a special gift. A gift of entertaining through their writing. My brother, for example, is a perfect reflection of this realization. I think, if challenged, he could make a lonely street-rat’s obituary sound like one of a most determined and strong willed business man on Wall Street.

I think I write sometimes because I feel like I have to. But I have noticed that what I am writing about, not only in this blog, seems to have no meaning at all. Does a person have to be termed as a “writer” in order to put down his/her thoughts on paper? I am not looking for respect or any status of dignity with my thoughts, I just want to feel that I can come home and write a new blog about my day and not be judged by those thoughts alone.

I am going to start writing more on this site and not worry about all the things that you will think when you read it. What I think is meaningful may not be what you think is meaningful, but I am entitled to my own opinions, as you are.

1 comment:

  1. You're too kind, good sister.

    But yes, write! Just write for the sake of writing. It doesn't matter if one person reads it, nobody reads it, or two million people read it. It starts to feel good after a while - trust me.

    ReplyDelete