1.27.2011

"I ain't gonna be no fairy..."


So, I finally got a job today! And then I found this picture and it makes me not want to have one.

Funny story:
I was always curious with the process of auditioning to become a Disney Princess. I went to an audition today (NOT the job I just got) and it was exactly what I thought. Some girls/guys had their crazy, over-protective mothers with them and some were wall-flowers not talking to anyone. But every one of them had a ton of wake-up on and couldn't stop fidgeting. I only went because I was curious, so to them I was "the girl that never get's nervous at auditions" but truthfully, I just really didn't care.

There was this one girl standing in line behind me that was the highlight of the experience. 15-years-old (had to be 16 or older to audition) Mexican, shorter than 5 feet. She was obnoxious. She cursed more than my army friends and I wouldn't be surprised to see her smoking outside. My favorite conversation:
"What character are you going for?"
"Huh? Character?"
"Yeah... ya know.. character. A princess, a fairy..."
"Oh! Hell naw... I ain't gonna be no fairy. Hell naw...."

While waiting, they continued to play some sort of Radio Disney station that made me want to poke myself in the eye with one of the mascara wands that all of the 122 girls around me were using. Gross. They line you up like cattle, take your height and direct you to a different waiting room. Then, they call you in 40 at a time and line you up. They then proceed to walk up and down the rows looking at every feature of your appearance.

A few classic Disney songs later (in my instance A Whole New World, Circle of Life, and Tale As Old As Time) they call out a few numbers to stay and the rest of us leave. IMMEDIATELY some girls started crying. Hardcore, crying. Walking out, most all were on the phone talking to whoever putting the blame on Disney because of their unattractiveness.

Needless to say, it was an experience.

2 comments:

  1. That's actually really interesting. I can't say I've wondered how that goes down before, but it's a cool look into how things are done. More like this, please. Hopefully Disney doesn't get pissed about you posting this.

    ReplyDelete