3.29.2011

"He blinked, and it was gone."





I just recently started re-reading The Giver by Lois Lowry. I read it in middle school, before I could really understanding the meaning. I just love how she describes color as "change" or "being different." Honestly, though... how do you desribe color? So cool.


Here are some of my favorite quotes so far:


"No one mentioned such things: it was not a rule, but was considered rude to call attention to things that were unsettling or different about individuals." -Chapter 3


"But when he looked out across the crowd, the sea of faces, the thing happened again. The thing that had happened with the apple. They changed. He blinked, and it was gone. His shoulder straightened slightly. Briefly he felt a tiny sliver of sureness for the first time." -Chapter 8



1 comment: